Care and Use: Glass Vacuumware
Your Thermos® brand glass vacuumware is designed for safe use. With all vacuumware products certain safeguards must be followed to prevent glass breakage. Glass vacuumware breakage can be accompanied by a loud noise and can cause glass and beverage to eject forcefully.
Glass breakage can cause burns or cuts to eyes, face and hands.
- This glass vacuumware product is not recommended for children.
- Check for breakage or cracks before use.
- Preheat or pre-chill before use to avoid sudden temperature change.
- Periodically tighten base to prevent from coming off.
- DO NOT put hands, ice, cleaning tools or other objects into glass vacuumware (food jars have protective plastic liner). Anything other than liquid can cause glass breakage.
- DO NOT use carbonated beverages. May cause stopper to eject forcefully.
- DO NOT place in the microwave, on a drip coffee maker, stove top, or any other heat source which may damage the outside surface.
- DO NOT drink directly from bottle.
Care and Use:
Wash and rinse the product thoroughly before first use and after each use. Hand washing is recommended for best results.
- Wipe the outside surface with a soft cloth.
- Rinse the inside with soap and water.
- Rinse with clean water and air dry with stopper and cup removed.
- DO NOT use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
- DO NOT use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
- DO NOT wash in a dishwasher. Product is not dishwasher safe.
- DO NOT immerse in water. Liquids can become trapped in base of glass vacuumware.
For maximum thermal efficiency and to avoid sudden change in temperature, preheat or pre-chill product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty. After filling, place the lid on the product to increase thermal efficiency.
To operate the twist and pour stopper:
Twist the stopper clockwise to seal.
Twist the stopper counterclockwise 1/2 to 1 turn so that the pour indicator is pointing down. Pour beverage. Note: the stopper does not need to be removed to pour liquid. Twist the stopper clockwise to reseal.
Twist the stopper counterclockwise to remove.
- Keep out of reach of children when product contains hot liquids.
- DO NOT overfill product. Hot liquids can scald user.
- Dairy or other products that spoil easily should not be kept in product for prolonged periods.
Thermos warrants this Thermos brand product to be free from any defects in material or workmanship for one year after date of purchase. We will, at our option, repair or replace any component part that fails to conform to this warranty within 30 days after its receipt by our factory service department. IN NO EVENT WILL THERMOS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental, consequential, or special damages, so the preceding exclusion may not apply to you. This is a factory guarantee. Please do not return this product to the retailer.
Send defective unit or component along with a written explanation of defect directly to:
In USA, by mail:
Thermos Customer Service
355 Thermos Road
Batesville, MS 38606
Canadian Thermos Products Inc. – Warranty Service
370 King Street West, Box 11
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J9
1 800 669 7065
or, call Customer Service:
In the USA: 1-800-831-9242